Digital Transformation-Mobile Learning is Evolving and being Adopted
Components of the Learning Ecosystem
Characteristics of the Learning Ecosystem
Contribution of mPowerO to Problem Statement of Robotex India
Problem Resolution from mPowerO to Robotex India
mpowero Case Studies of Robotex India
With the rise in usage of smart devices, especially smartphones, in order to consume content by the users, they are increasingly leveraged to deliver Online Education Courses at Educational Institutions (Schools, Colleges, Universities), Training in the form of Upskilling Frontline Workforce in business organisations and L & D opportunities at the Corporate Sector.
With evolving technologies, digital enablement is taking a front seat and Mobile Learning (mLearning) is taking the next leap offering interactive content, thus promoting self-paced learning, at the ease of the user, in the form of anytime and anywhere learning.
Mobile Learning (mLearning):
Is delivered through mobile apps leveraging the features that are unique to the mobile platforms.
Mobile Learning has evolved and is widely implemented as part of a larger learning strategy (not standalone) as mobile learning supports both Online Learning and classroom teaching.
Mobile Learning is:
- more in tune with the learning needs of this generation and attuned with current technological advances.
- also in line with modern pedagogical practices (NEP) which put learners in the centre of the learning experiences, by maximising the resources and bridging out the optimal experiences.
- the course content is presented and is delivered in a digital format using advanced media technologies such as video, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Simulations, Animations, 3D infographics, and more by making use of Artificial Intelligence.
Thus, mobile learning passes the control to the learner to trace their own personalised learning journey.
Mobile learning has evolved in tune with the evolving digital technology and has now become the perfect means to provide crucial information to decision-makers in the form of:
- a short video,
- a reference document,
- or even a blog to enable the right decision at the right time.
Learning process is made:
- Innovative, interactive and immersive
- Assists to bring Personalised Learning Experiences
- Ensures effective communication between the learners/instructors/administrators/managers
- Provides enhanced functionality without the loss of data
- Comes in various formats such as plain text, animated content, audio, video, with tracking and geo-location based options
Let’s look at how mobile learning has evolved in today’s digital world and is revolutionising learning:
a) Audio/Videos: have emerged as the medium of choice for mobile learning in providing/maximising learning experiences.
- The course content is encapsulated in the form of a video, which can be human-led or animated which usually includes presentations, graphics, infographics and animations to explain the course concepts.
- In corporate training, the video can be a checklist to run through before any submission for conformance and quality tests.
b) Interactive Videos: can be used to offset and revise the forgetting curves for the learners.
- To illustrate with an example, an interactive video can be in the form of a course lesson or a quiz or an assessment.
- The learner has to make a choice to proceed and revisit the module again to re-learn and course-correct towards the right answer, at their own pace.
c) Podcasts: refer to digital audio media files that are made available to learners for download or for listening in order to learn the course material. In the learning context, podcasts:
- stories and poems in Literature are made for the learners.
- Learners can also have podcasts of teachers who lead the conversation around a particular theme.
- For Corporates, your employees can listen to these micro-learning nuggets during their drive to and fro from the office, or when they have leisure time, at their convenience.
d) Simulation: refers to animating situations that resemble real-life settings. Simulations help:
- to give context and make learning relevant to the current realities, thus enforcing immersive learning.
- are of great use in bringing alive abstract concepts, which most learners find difficult to understand and tackle.
e) Gamification: is the new level of evolution of mobile learning. Gamified mobile learning content can trace its roots to the current age video games that have captured the attention of the millennial generation.
- Gamified content in education, similar to video games, is fun, entertaining, and immersive but with the added goal which is to fulfil the learning objective.
- The course content is/can be presented in the form of a story, complete with branching scenarios and levels, for ease of understanding.
- The learner has to successfully complete one level before moving on to the next one, in order to show progress.
- At the successful completion of a level, the learner is either given some form of recognition or rewarded for their efforts, which is a positive accomplishment in providing optimal learning experience.
- The rewards and recognitions serve as motivators to challenge the learner to complete all the remaining levels, and at each level, they successfully overcome a milestone in their learning journey, thus paving the way for efficient learning paths.
With the evolution of digital technology, mobile learning too is evolving in a way to remove all barriers in learning and making it more fun, entertaining, immersive, entertaining and interactive.
Mobile learning is concise and to the point which means that learners do not have to wade through loads of information to find what they are looking/searching for:
- It provides crucial information to decision-makers on the go, and inspires self-paced learning.
- In the corporate world, it is being extensively used in onboarding, soft-skill training, product training, application simulation training, leadership training, professional skills upskilling, compliance training, and sales training.
Mobile apps are used to provide mobile learning and have greatly evolved to take learning to the next level by inculcating advanced digital technologies such as AR, VR, animations, simulations, and interactive videos thus finding extensive use in creating immersive mobile learning experiences facilitating effective learning outcomes.
Whether you are a corporate or an educational institution, you can greatly enhance your learning and development initiatives with mobile learning.
mPowerO provides continuous support and is an end-to-end offering to Online Learning Platforms/Solutions and Digital Publishing Solutions.
Talk to our expert team members for a deeper understanding and more related information.
Happy to Help!