Benefits of a Digital Platform: Role of mPowerO LXP
Components of the Learning Ecosystem
Characteristics of the Learning Ecosystem
Contribution of mPowerO to Problem Statement of Robotex India
Problem Resolution from mPowerO to Robotex India
mpowero Case Studies of Robotex India
Embarking on building a Digital Platform can be a rewarding experience for an organisation as it means that all the stakeholders can benefit from faster innovation, higher quality (with improved reliability), reduced costs, and a happy workforce & associated customers. But it’s no small undertaking and relatively is a complex task.
Hence it’s crucial to understand the benefits and assess whether they align with digital strategy to help management come to a better understanding of whether it is right for your organisation.
Let’s look at the benefits now:
1) A Digital Platform allows Faster Innovation:
- Quicker Time to Launch: Automation and abstracting cloud setup by embracing and simplifying governance processes mean a new Digital Service (hence strategy) can be launched to customers within days.
- Frequent Multiple Updates: Creating an optimal deployment pipeline allows customer experiments and hence delights in a Digital Service, to be updated at least once daily and frequently if need be.
- Focus on Business Problems: Institutionalising new policies via embracing digital cross-cut departments which means uncoordinated and/or duplicated processes can be eliminated, and people can focus on higher-value work and thus paving way for increased productivity and marginal profits.
- More Business Model Opportunities: Friction-free, rapid launches of Digital Services allow an organisation to separate its other competitive and differentiating business functions from regular utilities and to quickly make a trial in different business models in new marketplaces, thus also challenging its competitors while bringing healthy competition into place.
2) A Digital Platform makes use of the most advanced Technology:
- Makes Use of the best available Evolving Technologies: Standardising cloud building blocks means the best available technology stack can be provided to Digital Service teams to remain on par with the most advanced & evolving technologies and also the competition.
- Assists in Traffic Optimisations: Surfacing self-service, elastic infrastructure means Digital Service teams can easily optimise for fluctuating traffic patterns without significant costs and generate a streamlined ROI.
- Zero Downtime: Consolidating service runtimes for digital services in the form means functional updates can be continually applied with zero downtime or rather keeping it to the optimal minimum.
3) A Digital Platform offers to provide a high-quality Solution:
- Fewer Environmental Issues: Automating configuration and infrastructure lowers the potential for environment-specific problems and hence allows GO GREEN thus making a significant contribution to Climate Change Policies.
- Fostering More Deterministic Test Results: Centralising automated test cases/executors reduces opportunities for non-determinism in test suites. The better the test cases and test suites, the better the outcomes and hence the increased performance.
- Quicker Rollback: Creating an effective rollback system with health checks means deployment failures can be fixed quickly and can be made efficient for better results.
4) Digital Platforms advocates improved Ways of Work:
- Policy Procedures: Cutting across departments means making new policies via experimenting & monitoring that can be forged in inceptions, Chaos Day testing, secure delivery, and more.
- Deduce Drive New Practices: Creating enabling constraints in user journeys will assist to drive the adoption of new practices to encourage Digital Services.
- Simpler Processes: Establishing meaningful Service Level Objectives with an automated alerting toolchain can make Easy Build & Easy Run It production support easier to set up.
5) A Digital Platform provides increased Reliability:
- More Operable Services: The operational aspects of Digital Services can be improved substantially by providing logging, monitoring, and alerting out-of-the-box ideas. This helps users to quickly discern abnormal operating conditions, thus improving the turn-around times and hence the performance.
- Graceful Degradation: Implementing circuit breakers and bulkheads on the wire for third-party systems allows Digital Services to gracefully degrade on failure thus remaining effective and providing efficient solutions.
- Improved Business Continuity: Automating the entire platform infrastructure in the cloud creates new business continuity options with varied structures to opt for optimal results.
6) Digital Platform assists to benefit from Reduced Costs:
- Economies of Scale: Centralising the Digital Service lifecycle means economies of scale can be achieved, as more Digital Service teams can be added without incurring repeat buy/build costs thus increasing the productivity within the ecosystem enabling to build of economies of scale.
- Cost Management: Centralising self-service touchpoints for automated infrastructure allows infrastructure costs to be visualised and closely managed to make them easier to set up and run to generate increased ROI.
- Effective Positioning: Specialists in the Digital Platform teams ensures reduced security threats that can be more easily identified and Digital Services can quickly receive security updates to overcome them, thus improving the positioning relating to the product.
By embracing digital transformation ultimately organisations will have happier and more productive & efficient processes in place along with the right people doing the right job. This further assists in:
- Lower Cognitive Load: Abstracting away the Digital Service lifecycle reduces employees’ cognitive load, further reducing lead times and becoming efficient.
- Easier to identify Talent Needs: Splitting business domains into Digital Services helps to highlight which domains are true business differentiators and require the most talented engineers and hence supplement these teams with the appropriate personnel accordingly. Also, training sessions can be organized for the team requiring to upskill or reskill to remain competitive in nature.
- Increased Talent Attractors: Using the latest cloud technology on Digital Platforms and Digital Service teams will encourage new talented engineers to join the organisation, thus attracting new joiners while also remaining on par with the latest advanced technologies.
- More Recruitment Options: Concentrating specialist skills in Digital Platform teams means recruitment efforts for Digital Service teams can focus on onshore/offshore developers, testers, etc. without requiring more costly, specialised cloud skills, which paves the way for more employees to be recruited and hence more the skill force required. Also, with the existing employees, effective upskilling and reskilling programs need to be in place.
By opting for a digital platform strategy, an organisation is given new innovative opportunities to generate continued revenue with a new business model.
Concurrently, a digital platform can also be used directly to achieve sustainability objectives.
There is no ‘one size fits all’ strategy for creating a digital platform that is both successful and sustainable.
But, this strategy starts with a vision, guts and iterative experimentation to determine what is the best approach for the organisation, its customers and society.
Learning a design & validation framework for leading Intrapreneurs to create their own platform and fine-tune a sustainable business model around it paves a way for how to launch and monetise digital marketplaces.
Arriving at a prototype approach in building the platform with a roadmap with step-by-step actions to validate platform ideas and test them repeatedly to arrive at actionable tools and techniques to evolve needs to be in place to succeed and prosper.
The organization benefits from digital transformation and its many opportunities for timely communication and exchange.
As a part of digital transformation and being technology innovators using learning experience platforms at mPowerO, we are well versed in understanding traditional business models across industries that can be reshaped into platform business models to facilitate accelerated growth, in order to adapt to digital innovation.
Our aim is to facilitate co-developing the business platform concept together with our clients while we help structure the technology framework that will enable the digital platform to go live in the shortest possible time, hence providing an end-to-end solution that encompasses business and technology, making mPowerO a pioneer and a one-stop shop for our clients’ platform transformation journey.
The digital revolution has brought new network-based value chains and “coopetitive” business models. Traditional, linear value chains with their competitive business models – otherwise known as product-based business models – are striving to/have been replaced by platform-based business models as platform-based businesses are winning & hence thriving with more enhanced visibility and profits.
As the transformation to digitalization continues to evolve, now are exciting times for businesses who want the opportunity to get us there collectively through the implementation of SDGs and allowing us to guide platform privacy, security, and ethical standards.
The platform revolution has opened up myriad new opportunities/challenges in meeting global sustainability goals.
An LXP such as mPowerO, can help you in an end-to-end training development solution, from identifying the right skills to building them while providing an impactful learning experience, across various verticals & industry sectors, for organizations, in order to achieve sustainable growth.
For instance, as the distributed workforce does not have time to learn, they need an OJT platform that is mobile-friendly as they are always on the go, to remain on par with the competition and technological evolution.
Upskilling the Frontline workforce with Learning Experiential Platforms (LXP) driven by the latest advanced technologies is crucial to get the most out of this valuable resource. Creating a culture of continuous, interactive learning/training through on-the-job training for the frontline staff via m-Learning with the LXP tool from mPowerO, a frontline workforce enablement solution can help train the frontline and take them to the desired next level, to achieve desired goals.
mPowerO platform can assist in managing the complete lifecycle of a frontline, from onboarding to moving them up the career ladder by empowering them with the right skills and knowledge, with improved performance.
OJT with the right mix of the latest technology via an automated skilling platform creates uninterrupted learning/training and seamlessness in a hybrid work model/environment, thus promoting impactful learning experiences.
An LXP can be a definitive helping hand in providing impactful personalized learning/training experiences in order for the employees to be successful and also the organization.
An LXP powered by the latest AI could further keep up the Frontline workforce up-to-date through micro-learning content merged with AI content recommendations along with an advanced data analytics platform to showcase the outcomes for better learning/training outcomes and learning/training experiences.
For upskilling Your Frontline workforce, mPowerO provides continuous support and is an end-to-end offering to Online Learning Platforms/Solutions, Digital Publishing Solutions, Upskilling/ReSkilling and Skilling training opportunities for medium to large companies.
mPowerO has evolved from being an Online Learning Solution (LMS) to serving as LXP in order to accommodate larger targeted audiences for educational/publishing and skilling requirements of various medium to large organizations/enterprises.
Talk to our expert team members for a deeper understanding and more related information.
Happy to Help!