Platform Economy & Network Effects: Practical Implications-Role of mPowerO
Components of the Learning Ecosystem
Characteristics of the Learning Ecosystem
Contribution of mPowerO to Problem Statement of Robotex India
Problem Resolution from mPowerO to Robotex India
mpowero Case Studies of Robotex India
In the previous article, we have gone through the two categories ‘Autonomous Structure’ and ‘Communication Structure’ and a total of seven subcategories. Now, let’s look into the practical implications for the successful work of intrapreneurs in companies:
Topic-Centeredness within the autonomous structure is one of the central components of the Category System, thus making the Topic at the centre, while the other components circulate around the centre and constantly exchange with each other, which increases its significance, as a circular arrangement characterizes the ideal setup.
The system, hence, exhibits a decentralized character that enables it to organize itself, within the organization. This self-organization empowers the structure, specifically the intrapreneur within it, to foster innovation and address the challenges posed to embrace the digital transition.
This structure implies that all participants in the organization act with equal authority. Several levels of management with different dependencies cease to exist and there will remain only one hierarchical level for employees who are subordinate to the topic (structure centre).
The subject represents a certain way of the ‘leadership position’, while all other components of the structure send their contents, questions, and challenges in feedback loops to the centre of the system.
The TOPIC functions as an instance that determines the implementation and connectivity of the question which further facilitates a high degree of autonomy and self-determination. With its topic-centeredness, the model postulates that there are three types of possible response conditions to any question, challenge, or problem, that might arise henceforth:
- 1st Response Condition: implies that the answer to the question, taking into account the previously defined goal, does not offer any recognizable added value. In this condition, the measure or inquiry stops, as it is not goal-oriented in the thematic context.
- 2nd Response Condition: requires that the potential response provides identifiable added value in the context of the topic. In this condition, the added value should seek implementation because it is conducive to the overall goal.
- 3rd Response Condition: assumes that the process can give no specific answer regarding the added value because the necessary information is insufficient or inconclusive. This is an unclear condition, the further implementation will attempt to create a database to enable subsequent decision-making in a similar situation.
The issue-centric approach and the associated decision-making loop enable the organizations to act autonomously, drive innovation, and take responsibility for their actions by continuously evolving via embracing the digital transformation.
The generic procedure is:
- Each decision circulates in feedback loops so as to achieve the necessary thematic saturation until a goal-oriented decision is possible/made feasible.
- Every experience further offers added value that can have a lasting impact on future decisions and milestones in order to embrace digital transformation within the organization.
The basis for this is an exonerating strong and healthy employee culture within the company, based on the fact that communication and clarity is a goal to strive for, which can only be achieved through courage and passion.
- There is an equal decision-making level within a team, and all members have identical decision-making competencies and opportunities with a limited team size which ensures that the unit can react agilely and quickly.
- Members make decisions autonomously by retaining members who keep their teammates informed via thorough communication sharing target milestones within their projects as per the defined scope and subject interested areas.
- This exchange of information proactively enables the entire organization to learn from and with each other prospectively.
- The platform economy environment and its constituents, characterized by a high degree of digitalization and digitally networked communication, is particularly apt for this scenario.
- Findings and lessons learned are then stored and archived centrally for all to access in order to improve and perform better.
Due to a high degree of exchange and openness, customers and platform participants receive the necessary transparency and communication within the company. Knowledge of internal processes also enables internal employees to contribute via feedback. External stakeholders are also treated identically to internal employees for embracing the concept.
The intrapreneur can take up this feedback and move closer to the higher-level goal through target/actual comparisons and henceforth subsequent changes.
Intrapreneurship is a central building block that ensures the future viability of organizations as the framework characterizes a decentralized, networked structure and character endowed with a low level of rules and a high level of self-determination.
- The concept of theme-centeredness pursues evolving ideas of digitalization and platforms consistently, takes calculated risks into account, and dissolves classic top-down and bottom-up structures, thus analyzing and arriving at a practical resolution to address the problem statement.
- A circular design that hosts a network of independent collaborators focused on the purpose of the enterprise (and its existence) emerges as a possible solution.
- This network circulates the topic nucleus and feeds it with the concerns and topics relevant to the company where-in decisions are consciously tested in their decision run and focus on the concrete added value and the thematic saturation for the respective issue and topic thus enforcing the structure consistently eliminating irrelevant content.
- The organization is allowed to learn autonomously without dependencies and thus to evolve and adapt flexibly to changes in the environment.
- A target-oriented and transparent documentation of these processes ensures learning success and protects all participants from making mistakes again and again.
- The digital structure enables mutual exchange of communication as it provides the necessary processes and tools that make communication and collaboration possible.
Intrapreneurship is an essential factor for organizational growth as it ensures that a company regularly adapts to new market conditions and thus stands out from the competition introspectively. Intrapreneurship significantly impacts an organization’s profitability and ability to survive, thrive in the real-world.
The intrapreneur identifies to find himself within this organizational structure, which focuses on agile decision-making and personal responsibility. Thus the team can dedicate itself to one topic in its entirety or become involved holistically within the company.
Possible topic-centered functional areas as individual units are freely selected within an organization, where-in these units have a small number of members to enable quick reactions and effective exchange.
Communication takes place externally as well as internally, openly and transparently as all stakeholders are included in feedback loops and contribute towards a common goal.
The organization benefits from the digital transformation and the many opportunities it offers for timely communication and exchange.
As a part of digital transformation and being technology innovators making use of learning experience platforms at mPowerO, we are well versed in understanding traditional business models across industries that can be reshaped into platform business models to facilitate accelerated growth, in order to adapt with digital innovation.
Our aim is to facilitate in co-developing the business platform concept together with our clients while we help structure the technology framework that will enable the digital platform to go live in the shortest possible time, hence providing an end-to-end solution that encompasses business and technology, making mPowerO a pioneer and a one-stop shop for our clients’ platform transformation journey.
The digital revolution has brought new network-based value chains and “coopetitive” business models. Traditional, linear value chains with their competitive business models – otherwise known as product-based business models – are striving to/have been replaced by platform-based business models as platform-based businesses are winning & hence thriving with more enhanced visibility and profits.
As the transformation to digitalization continues to evolve, now are exciting times for businesses who want the opportunity to get us there collectively through the implementation of SDGs and allowing us to guide platform privacy, security, and ethical standards.
The platform revolution has opened up myriad new opportunities/challenges in meeting global sustainability goals.
An LXP such as mPowerO, can help you in an end-to-end training development solution, from identifying the right skills to building them while providing an impactful learning experience, across various verticals & industry sectors, for organizations, in order to achieve sustainable growth.
For instance, as the distributed workforce do not have time to learn, they need an OJT platform that is mobile-friendly as they are always on-the-go, to remain on par with the competition and technological evolution.
Upskilling the Frontline workforce with Learning Experiential Platforms (LXP) driven by the latest advanced technologies is crucial to get the most out of this valuable resource. Creating a culture of continuous, interactive learning/training through on-the-job training for the frontline staff via m-Learning with the LXP tool from mPowerO, a frontline workforce enablement solution, can help train the frontline and take them to the desired next level, to achieve desired goals.
mPowerO platform can assist in managing the complete lifecycle of a frontline, from onboarding to moving them up the career ladder by empowering them with the right skills and knowledge, with an improved performance.
OJT with the right mix of the latest technology via an automated skilling platform creates uninterrupted learning/training and seamlessness in a hybrid work model/environment, thus promoting impactful learning experiences.
An LXP can be a definitive helping hand in providing impactful personalized learning/training experiences in order for the employees to be successful and also the organization.
An LXP powered by the latest AI could further keep up the Frontline workforce up-to-date through micro-learning content merged with AI content recommendations along with an advanced data analytics platform to showcase the outcomes for better learning/training outcomes and learning/training experiences.
For upskilling Your Frontline workforce, mPowerO provides continuous support and is an end-to-end offering to Online Learning Platforms/Solutions, Digital Publishing Solutions, Upskilling/ReSkilling and Skilling training opportunities for medium to large companies.
mPowerO has evolved from being an Online Learning Solution (LMS) to serving as LXP in order to accommodate larger targeted audiences for educational/publishing and skilling requirements of various medium to large organizations/enterprises.
Talk to our expert team members for a deeper understanding and more related information.
Reach out via email at email@example.com or visit us at https://www.mpowero.com/ for more information.
Happy to Help!
Leave a Reply