A Corporate Training Platform can either make or break the employees’ corporate training experience.
Employees who build their professional training skills are more likely to increase their productivity which leads to thriving successful businesses. Employees in any organisation, regardless of sectors, should be given the opportunity to polish their skills and acquire new ones.
The underlying question is: By what means can this be achieved?
Through quality online corporate training. Note the keyword: Quality.
Primary Concern of Corporate Training revolves around ROI:
While there are tons of training programs that promise better engagement and performance-based results, only a few deliver long term and long lasting results, meeting the Vision of the Company. Even companies that ambitiously sink in the effort and funds for training, often come up short, when it comes to the “return” on their investment.
1) A Customized Platform:
It is very obvious that there is not one content training provider out there, that can solve all corporate training problems.
- While a specific platform may have an impressive library of courses, tools, and resources, corporate companies will still need to make modifications to the system, in order for it to meet their specific needs. It’s good to have customization options when you create professional training courses– such as the login page and dashboard.
- One other aspect to consider is white label. While many platforms allow their product to be white labeled, only some will provide customers with the tools to do it themselves. If you choose a platform that doesn’t give you this capability, you will be left with the task of hiring a developer to take care of that for you.
2) Customized Platform Accessible via Mobile Devices :
User Experience at its best delivered, is the key for a successful corporate training platform. Hence, design plays a crucial role and the design should be simple, clean, interactive and intuitive, for yielding better outcomes.
A responsive design so that the layout will adapt across devices such as smartphones and tablets, and can run on different OS (iOS, Windows, and Android), as a part of instructional design optimized for improving user experiences, is a continuous work in progress.
3) Customized Platform That Tracks Progress And Generates Custom Reports:
Monitoring employees’ progress helps determine ways to improve the employee learning experience – which is why analytics for learning outcomes should be readily available to reporting managers and higher management. Making sure the system allows to create and export custom reports for specific data, beyond basic reports, enhances the prospects of the Employees, in learning better outcomes.
The system should also give employees an opportunity to evaluate their self-progress through assessments – and generate the feedback needed in order for them to improve.
This, in addition to assessment review, will lead to better learning retention.
4) Customized Platform needs to be Easy To Setup and can Scale to Scores of Users:
Many online learning platforms take months –sometimes a few years– to get professional training courses up and running.
To overcome this:
- make sure the platform is in the cloud and scaled for a high amount of traffic instantaneously. If it’s not in the cloud that means one doesn’t have the ability to clone the infrastructure – which forces to set up new servers, move the application to the server, and then configure the application.
- the system should also standardize training materials across company locations
- make sure the platform is compatible with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP). Having a system that seamlessly hooks up with existing databases of users will save a lot of time and headache
the platform should also have the capacity to migrate your existing data into your new training program
5) Customized Platform That Integrates With Other Systems:
Corporates run multiple systems to manage their administration and their business requirements on a day-to-day basis.
The platform should be able to integrate with employee databases, financial support, and product development, including data from your other systems which will help to provide better training – which will lead to an all-around positive impact on the business.
6) A Customized Platform With Tools That Help Reinforce Learning:
A common concern with online corporate training is that employees often forget what they’ve learned:
- One way to avoid this is to reinforce knowledge through peer-to-peer interaction. The platform should have a variety of means for employees to interact and share ideas. This can be facilitated through discussion boards, video and chat rooms.
Another way employees can actively retain their knowledge is having access to their courses for at least one full year. This will allow them to revisit topics and refresh their skills. When knowledge is reinforced, a successful transition can be made into application on the job – leading to increased productivity.
Work force in the form of People is the most valuable resource and contributes to the success of business.
Whatever the training platform is, choosing the right one makes all the difference.
mPowerO offers the best advice if you are struggling to choose an Online Training Platform for your Corporate Training needs.
mPowerO provides continuous support and is an end-to-end offering to your Online Training requirements.